Communiqué #35 of National Front Against the Coup d'Etat
The National Front of Resistance Against the Coup d'Etat communicates:
1. We alert the international community and human rights defense organizations about the growing repression and persecution of organized people. In this sense the Comittee for the Defense of Human Rights in Honduras released a report that warns about preparations by the armed forces of the State to execute actions of terror, making them seem as if they were done by the Resistance, and in that way justifying the massive killing of people linked to the National Front of Resistance Against the Coup d'Etat.
2. We denounce the mobilization of military forces in the entire national territory, with arms and campaign equipment, which goes beyond any previous preparation that has been done for an electoral process. The preparations of the Armed Forces include the contracting of mercenaries, amongst whom is a strong contingent of reservists and provision of hospitals and clinics for medical attention to military and police involved in the acts of violence against the population.
3. We want to make clear that the announced "absence" of the dictator Micheletti from power that is supposed to happen from the 25th of November to the 2nd of December, is just a maneuver to hide the totalitarian role of the de facto regime and the Armed Forces who have set up an illegitimate, illegal and fraudulent electoral process.
4. We condemn the threats and intimidation against different media who tell the truth about the situation out country is living through, and which today lived through a new episode with the interruption of the signal of channel 36.
5. We reiterate that under this anti-democratic and repressive coup regime it is impossible to carry out free elections.
6. We call all the Resistance Fronts nationally and all the committed organizations and solidarity organizations outside the country to increase their secuirty measures and prepare to denounce any violation of human rights by the Dictatorship.
“FOR A NATIONAL CONSTITUTIONAL ASSEMBLY, WE RESIST AND WE WILL WIN”
Tegucigalpa, Honduras November 20th, 2009
Honduras: Crecimiento económico, ¿de quién y para quiénes? - 07 de Diciembre 2016 Los datos oficiales advierten que la economía hondureña ha tenido un notable crecimiento. Un crecimiento mayor incluso que las cifras ...
5 hours ago