and can also be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
La Voz de los de Abajo can be contacted at email@example.com and we are on Facebook.
Indigenous Peoples' Struggle in Honduras
Click on Image for COPINH Blog
News From Honduras
August 13, 2013 - Radio Interview on the Human Rights situation in Honduras with Greg Mccain and Brigitte Gynther on the Hemispheres show hosted by Irene Rodrigueze on KGNU Independent Community Radio http://www.kgnu.org/hemispheres/8/13/2013
The popular movement through its many organized expressions, to the rest of the Honduran people we inform you that our struggle is afoot at the national level in resistance against the coup d'etat perpetrated by the ultra-right oligarchy and we communicate the following:
1. We reaffirm that what happened on June 28th, 2009, against the government of President José Manuel Zelaya Rosales is a Coup d'Etat and a violation of the Constitution of the Republic and a breaking of the rule of law.
2. That they have ordered the repression of the movements of peaceful resistance and anyone who is not in favor of the coup d'etat.
3. That those who lead the repression are military and ex-military of the national army, the national police, batallion 316 remembered sadly by Honduras for when, in the times of the cold war, it committed assassinations and disappearances in service of the oligarchy.
4. To the people of Honduras we ask you to continue in resistance and continue the peaceful protests in the main cities, highways and municipalities of the country.
5. The coup d'etat has been rejected internationally and in the resolution of the United Nations the farce that has installed Roberto Micheletti as president is not recognized.
6. We condemn the violation of the freedom of expression, there are TV channels and radio stations closed and journalists who have been persecuted, jailed and whose capture has been ordered.
7. We make it publicly known that the Public Ministry is preparing legal summons with old dates against the citizen President Zelaya Rosales and his cabinet, to justify said action.
8. We make it known to the population that in the rally in Central Park on June 30th, organized by the coup-plotters, the fast food employees, factory employees and agents of private security companies were obliged to participated in the event.
9. We invite the Honduran people to continue protesting in all ways possible against the coup d'etat and in favor of the restoration of the constitutional order of the Republic upon the return of President José Manuel Zelaya Rosales.
Tegucigalpa, Honduras June 30th, 2009 POPULAR RESISTANCE FRONT AGAINST THE COUP D'ETAT
Spanish - website of the Black Fraternal Organization of Honduras about the struggle of the Garifuna people and other resistance and environmental struggles.
Radio Progreso has radio updates (Spanish only) directly from the from the front-lines of the resistance in Honduras.
Rights Action has been doing good reporting and commentary as events unfold and has people on the ground monitoring the situation. They are also a reliable vehicle through which to get money to the organizations fighting for the restoration of democracy in Honduras.
Defensores en línea is the best (Spanish-only) online source for regularly updated information on the violation of human rights in Honduras.
Honduras Laboral is a regularly-updated blog in Spanish with the latest news coming out of Honduras, published by Community Communications.
School of the Americas Watch has good background information on the coup-plotters training at the Georgia-based School of the Americas / (also known as the School of Assasins) as well as news updates on the coup and a call to action.