The National Front Against the Coup d'etat in Honduras made up by the different organized expressions in the country because of the coup d'etat, to the Honduran people expresses the following:
· The return to institutional order and the unconditional reinstatement of Constitutional President Mr. José Manuel Zelaya Rosales, in order to conclude the presidential period for which he was elected.
· We recognize that faced with the current situation provoked by the coup d'etat, planned and executed by the political, economic, religious and military oligarchy in Honduras, the people have acted in legitimate defense of the right to participation, maintaining a peaceful and popular insurrection against the de facto and tyrannical government that came about from the coup.
· The people do not renounce the processes of inclusive participation and consultation and so we propose and maintain the continuation of the process of achieving a participatory democracy, reaching the convocation of a National Constitutional Assembly, defining ahead of time the criteria and the outline of the women and men that should make it up.
· We disqualify the proposal of the actors of the coup d'etat to be left with impunity, restricting the corresponding investigation of responsibility and justice vital for the preservation of democratic institutions.
· We denounce the step backward of the Armed Forces in Honduras, given their participation in the coup d'etat it is necessary to revise their Constitutional role.
Any process of mediation has to take place in accordance with the National Front Against the Coup d'etat.
We have been struggling for 13 days and we will continue in resistance, we encourage the Honduran people to continue this struggle as demanded by this current historical juncture to defend and strengthen our rights as citizens.
Tegucigalpa, Honduras July 8th, 2009
Honduras: Aplazados con 0 % directivos de los periodistas de Honduras - *Por: Redacción CRITERIO* *Abril 28,2017 / **email@example.com **/ Tegucigalpa.-* Los directivos del Colegio de Periodistas de Honduras fueron aplazado...
1 hour ago