Communiqué #3 of the National Front Against the Coup d'etat
In the face of the latest events happening in the country, the Popular Movement of Resistance Against the Coup d'etat, makes it known publicly the facts related to the repression of the coup-installed dictatorship directed by the Honduran oligarchy and executed by some congresspeople in the National Congress, together with the servile magistrates of the Supreme Court of Justice and the General Prosecutor of the Republic. Along these lines we communicate:
- We denounce and condemn that the national army is carrying out forceful recruitment of young people who are 15 years old and up, we have reports from Catacamas, Manto, Olanchito, Sonaguera, Colón and other municipalities, where they enter by force in the houses and take out the young men, in light of which we demand the immediate investigation of these cases and return these young people to their homes.
- We communicate that Tuesday June 30th in a clear abuse of power, the curfew was extended until Friday the 3rd at 9:00pm to 5:00am. Given this situation the the Resistance Movements considers that we are in civil insurrection, as we have lost our Constitutional gurantees.
- We inform that Tuesday June 30th in the evening hours a group of lawyers, among them 3 prosecutors from the Public Ministry, in the framework of the actions of the National Front Against the Coup d'etat, have presented an appeal for an injunction before the Supreme Court of Justice, asking for the nullification of the naming of Mr. Roberto Micheletti as President of the Republic and at the same time presented a denunciation in the Public Ministry against those implicated in the coup d'etat.
- We denounce that despite national and international pressure the de facto government continues with its plans and has already named an illegal cabinet made up of servants of the oligarchy who led the coup.
- We denounce the militarization of the majority of the Secretaries of State, the Public Ministry, the Supreme Court of Justice, the National Corporation of Electric Energy, and the Honduran Communications Company, the streets and other sites.
- We communicate that we maintain and are strengthening our struggle of peaceful resistance and that it will not cease until the constitutional order is restored.
- We communicate that we continue our demand for the installation of a National Constitutional Assembly to elaborate a new Constitution of the Republic and that it should be the point of departure for the construction of a new country, with participatory democracy and social justice.
- We encourage the Honduran people to keep up the resistance and step up the pressure against the coup-plotters until we achieve the restoration of the Constitutional order and the return of the presidente José Manual Zelaya Rosales.
Tegucigalpa, Honduras June 30th, 2009